Saturday, December 10, 2005

Rock and Soul

Last night I found myself praying to the Blessed Mother. I found myself questioning my decision to go into music. I don't know why I do that. Is it because I'm afraid? I know part of it has to do with my fear of having enough talent. I see performers on MTV and VH1 and I start to wonder if I have what it takes. I've always been merciless when it comes to criticizing myself and talents. But I asked myself " If you couldn't do music, what else would you want to do?" So many career choices out there and I could not come up with anything else that I would want to do.

I think it is that I don't want to be a pop singer. I want to be a soul/rock singer. Just me and the microphone. My emotions and rendition of the songs. Sort of like Luis Miguel. He's doesn't do anything fancy. He gets on stage, grabs his mike and starts singing. You are immediately sucked into his world and you never want to get out. Now if I wonder if I can get a band to back me up.

Thinking, thinking.....