Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Life In South Cali

Well, I just got my first hysterical family member email. It was from my sister, Yinorah. She's freaking out because I did not send her the weekly email that I supposedly "promised" her that I would send her. Shit, if I knew that all I had to do to get my family's attention was move, I would have moved ages ago :)

JM and I will be heading up north to spend the holidays with his family. I can't lie. I'm a bit nervous about it. It's a big deal to me! We will be going to his parent's place and then everyone including his sisters and significant others and kids will be heading up to San Francisco. I've never been there so I'm psyched about checking it out.

As for how things are going with JM and me. Well, I had forgotten that living with someone is no walk in the park though JM and I get along fabulously. But like any couple, we have our differences. But one thing that I can say is that we are committed to making this work. I don't kid myself I know that we are going to have our good times and bad times and I have found that when there is completely open and honest communication - things run a bit smoother. But definitely, living together is nothing like dating. Also throw in the fact that Cali is zero like New York and you've got adjustment issues to take care of. As soon as I got here, I got like a mini-flu and had jetlag on top of that. Yup, it's so hard going from winter in NY to spring-like in California. JM has been an absolute sweetheart from day one. Spending as much time together as possible and when he's not around, he still calls me to check up on me and see if I need anything. JM is definitely an extremely loving and attentive boyfriend. I'm definitely a very lucky girl! Plus he's not a drama queen - that's my job LOL

Blah, blah, blah.... I have to get back to my snarky self .... eventually.