Saturday, June 18, 2005

Why Do I Blog?

Initially, I started blogging because I was feeling extremely frustrated by certain situations in my life. I was angry, in emotional pain and I was repressing all of it. Not sharing it with anyone and I was walking around with this tight feeling in my chest and throat from not opening my mouth and letting my emotions out.

I don't quite remember how I came across Blogger but that doesn't matter. Once I started, I became hooked. I blogged all the time. At home, at work - wherever. I just had so much to say and I felt like I had opened a faucet and it could no longer be closed. For as long as I could, I kept it my little secret. I wanted it to be something that was all mine and all about me. It was my therapy. At one point, it became more helpful to me than my actual therapist. Plus, it was free LOL.

I've been blogging eight months now and I have to tell you that I don't even recognize the person I was when I started blogging. I'm no longer repressed, angry or in pain. Yes, I still get into my crappy moods but I snap out of them pretty quickly now. Blogging is like journaling to me and it has helped me to open myself. I've made changes in my life. Positive, strong changes that happened when I was ready to make those changes and I have my blogging buddies to thank for that and also to Blogger for providing me with a forum that quite frankly took me away from my negative self.

Of course, all glory and praise goes to the Goddess and the Horned God. Without them, I would not be here. I give thanks to the Old Ones for their patience, love, guidance, direction and for helping me to realize my path and for always bringing me back when I stray.

Thank you to everyone for your friendship and support and continued readership.

This is why I blog. Enjoy your Saturday everyone! It's gorgeous outside :)